Sunday, November 25, 2012

Back in My Craft Room


It was great to get back into my craft room, after being away for a week for Thanksgiving.  I spent all day today visiting blogs for the Papertrey Blog Hop, and making some cards for this week's challenges.


My first card is for this week's Lawnscaping Challenge #46.  The challenge was to make a tag.  I made a tag and put it on this Hanukkah card for my daughter.  I already told her that she won't be getting 8 presents this year, since she just had her Bat Mitzvah and  has been inundated with gifts.  She thought that was fine, but asked if she could get a card from me every day.  Sweet.  I know that she will be happy to have this darling owl wish her a happy Hanukah.  Incidentally, there are numerous ways to correctly spell Chanukah, but I used the shortest way for this card, because it needed to fit in the speech bubble.





My next card is for this week's Case Study Challenge #118
Here is the beautiful sample card from Angeline Yong.  I fell in love with the way this sentiment was surrounded by stamped images, and wanted to something very similar.



I used another sentiment from the same Paper Smooches Pretty Phrases set, and surrounded it with images from PTI Sending You in a color scheme of Hibiscus Burst, Summer Sunrise, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, and Limeade Ice.  I also used my newest favorite go-to impression plate, Picnic Plaid.



My last card is for this week's CAS(E) this Sketch challenge #6.  I have to say, I am really enjoying all the sketches from this new challenge blog.




I followed the directions here to make a shaker card using my new PTI Winter Snow Globe set.  I used some American Crafts Microbeads  inside the shaker, and while they look cool, I think I'll be cleaning up microbeads for a long time.  It is worse than glitter, because they roll all over.




Not bad for a day's work.  I think I must be the worlds slowest crafter.

Before I go, here are some pictures of my new paper storage cart from The Container Store.  I am using it to store all my PTI paper scraps as well as a supply of full sheets.  To save space, I do have some colors stored together.  I bought the legal sized cart, thinking that it would give me more space in the drawers below.  I love having so much paper and scraps nicely organized and so conveniently located.



The cart has two drawers underneath, and I'm not sure what I'll keep there.  I have twine and embroidery floss there for now.




Supplies Used (PTI):
Happy Hanukah
Stamps:  Lawn Fawn Winter Owl, Critters in the Forest, Smittys ABC's, A Birdie Told Me
Paper:  White, Pure Poppy, Kraft, Basic Grey Aspen Frost
Ink:  Memento tuxedo Black, Pure Poppy
Other:  Tag Sale Die, White Gel Pen, Copics, Saddle Stitch Ribbon

Peace
Stamps:  Sending You, Paper Smooches Pretty Phrases
Paper:  White
Ink:  Hibiscus Burst, Summer Sunrise, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, and Limeade Ice
Other:  Picnic Plaid Impression Plate

Let it Snow
Stamps:  Winter Snow Globe
Paper:  White, Pure Poppy, Basic Grey Aspen Frost
Ink:  Aqua Mist, Pure Poppy, Memento Tuxedo Black
Other:  Snow Globe Die,  American Crafts Microbeads


Thanks for Visiting

19 comments :

  1. Oh Joyce! I love so much in this post! All the cards are fabulous, and you have reminded me that I need to break out Sending You...it has been ignored! And I love that paper cart. I have scraps all over and I am wondering if this will be a better solution for me. Thanks for sharing those pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just jumped back into crafting! I love all of your cards, so cute and that first one with the owl for Sarah is just so sweet and thank you for the lesson on spelling Hanukah, we have been having discussions in our house on how the word was to be spelled, so that you for the spelling lesson. Your paper storage is just so fabulous...I love that file system, wish I had room for something like that in my room. But, maybe if I cleaned out underneath my craft desk I would. I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are busy! All of your projects are adorable, and I'm so glad you joined in the lawnscaping challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crafty time well spent Joyce. All three cards are just fantastic. Sarah is so sweet Joyce, you are raising such a lovely girl and she is going to love her owl card! Your CASE card is lovely with the Picnic Plaid IP and I love the snow globe. Thanks for sharing your paper storage, I have been waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE all these cards. You have hit the ground running!I've got to say that it is really lovely that Sarah would like cards each day. My children really appreciate the cards they receive too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful cards!! i know how you feel....after being so busy I got into my craftroom yesterday and made 4 cards!! Felt good:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cards!!
    They are really great!Love the colors and patterned papers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joyce is in the house!!! Whoot Whoot! Wow were you a busy girl! Your daughter sounds like a great kid - 8 cards! I love it! Your CASE card is drop dead gorgeous - love all the color... and your shaker card is awesome! SO fun! Who can resist picking it up and shaking it??? You're making me want more PTI!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fabulous cards Joyce, I lovew the stamped floral card for your CASE study entry, such pretty colours! Love your organisation of those scraps too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Joyce, you've really been making up for lost time! :) Really loving all three cards. The owl is super cute with his paper pieced scarf. Your stamping on the second card is gorgeous and I love the addition of the embossing. Your third card is just too darn cute and I love how you used the same paper for the stripe and the snow globe base! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch! this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness you have been busy ! Love the paper storage.
    The cards are so darn cute. Love the owl one and how fun to have your daughter want you to make a card for her each day . Love the snow globe card adorable and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous cards! I love how you stamped and embossed the CASE Study card! thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous gorgeous cards, Joyce! I love the shaker box card you have made for CAS(E) this sketch, sketch! Beautiful colour combination. Love the patter paper on the background. Thanks for playing along with us:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!!! You've been busy! LOVE your projects - so inspiring to come here! Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great group of projects!!! I especially adore your first one. The owl paired with those gorgeous patterned papers! LOVELY!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab cards! Love the snowman card, too adorable :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards and lovely designs! I love how they're all so full of bright color! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Not bad at all for a days work indeed, your case study card is my fab of the bunch. Love the colors very much!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a great bunch of cards! Love your paper piecing on the first one. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...